Chapter seven deals with one of the central issues of the book, namely customary marine tenure (CMT).
What does CMT stand for?
CMT stands for Customary Marine Tenure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMT
We have 407 other meanings of CMT in our Acronym Attic
- Creative Music Therapy
- Crédit Municipal de Toulon (French bank)
- Crew Maintenance Time
- Crew Mission Time (US Coast Guard)
- Crisis Management Team
- Critical Mission Thread
- Critical Mobile Targets
- Cryptographic Module Testing
- Culturally Modified Tree (archaeology)
- Cultured Marble Top
- Customer Management and Technology (Sprint)
- Cut, Make & Trim (price term used in garment industry)
- Cybermedia Technologies, Inc.
- Cyberterra Mean Time (virtual realm)
- Charcot Marie Tooth International United Kingdom
- Central Mechanical Transport and Stores Depot (Rawalpindi, Pakistan)
- Canadian Mining Technology Network (MMS Canada)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Type 1A
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Axonal, Type 2D
- California Manufacturers & Technology Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Even as rights-based fishing has been silently making headway through the commodification of fishing rights in the 1990s, open access as the cornerstone of Australian marine policy has remained effective against claims to customary marine tenure based on common property of resident land-sea-owning Aboriginal clan groupings.
Johannes (1978, 358) attributes the belief in freedom of the seas and the desire to exploit the resources of coastal and island colonies as the causes of the failure of colonial and post-colonial powers to appreciate customary marine tenures in colonial settings.