In rare cases Cushing's syndrome can be caused by a tumour found inside one of the glands in the body.
What does CS stand for?
CS stands for Cushing's Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CS
We have 301 other meanings of CS in our Acronym Attic
- Culinary Specialist (navy rating)
- Cultural Studies
- Cultural Survival
- Cum Suis (Latin: and associates)
- Curbside (vehicle design)
- Current Segment
- Current Series
- Current Sheet (astronomy)
- Current Strength
- Curve to Spiral
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction In this report, we present a patient with dexamethasone suppressible Cushing's Syndrome (CS) from an ectopic tumor producing ACTH.
The closing chapters move from the realm of research to clinical practice with vignettes of the association of hypothyroidism, PCOS, Cushing's syndrome and hypothalamic disorders with obesity.
Anthony, from Bordesley Green, suffers with rare hormonal disorder Cushing's Syndrome, caused by a tumour in the pituitary gland next to the brain.
Corticotropin-releasing hormone stimulation following low-dose dexamethasone administration: a new test to distinguish Cushing's syndrome from pseudo-Cushing's states.
2) We report 3 cases of children presenting with a suppressed adrenocortical axis and Cushing's syndrome as a consequence of budesonide and ritonavir co-therapy.