The "240 DC" message was thought to refer to the direct current voltage that was used to torture victims who had fallen foul of the notorious Richardson gang in the 1950s and 60s.
What does IV stand for?
IV stands for Current Voltage
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IV
We have 27 other meanings of IV in our Acronym Attic
- Inshore Undersea Warfare Group Initial Velocity
- Network Intelligent Use Working Group (web standard)
- International Urban-Wildland Interface Code
- Integrated Urban Water Management
- Integrated Urban Waste Management Model Programme (Großpösna, Germany; EU)
- Integrated Urban Water Resources Management (various locations)
- Integrated Urban Water System
- Initiativkreis Umfassende Zahnerhaltung (German: Comprehensive Dental Care Initiative Group; Germany)
- 4 (Roman numeral)
- Cote d'Ivoire (formerly Ivory Coast)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Expertise in, among others, the areas of pipeline construction (conventional radiography, portable radiography, X-ray pipeline crawlers, automated ultrasonics AUT--girth weld, certified welding inspectors and asset integrity management); pipeline integrity (close interval potential survey, direct current voltage gradient survey, pipeline current attenuation survey, pipeline depth of cover and survey, pipe line right-of-way GPS survey, pH soil analysis and continuous resistivity surveys, chemical and mechanical pipeline cleaning, MFL inline inspection tools and deformation/caliper tools).
Deep discharging Hawker AGMs in cold environments can also shorten their life span because the current voltage regulator will undercharge them.