The weather at Guwahati was reported as continuous rain, lightning and thundershowers, with two Cumulo-Nimbus (CB) cells overhead and in the vicinity of the airfield.
What does CB stand for?
CB stands for Cumulo-Nimbus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CB
We have 119 other meanings of CB in our Acronym Attic
- Crime Branch (Pakistan)
- Crush Boat
- Crushbone (Everquest gaming)
- Crushing Blow (Diablo II gaming)
- Cry Baby
- Crystal Ball (Utopia)
- CubeBomb (online gaming)
- Cumulative Bulletin (Internal Revenue)
- Cumulonimbus (cloud formation)
- Cyanogen Bromide
- Groupement des Cartes Bancaires CB (French: CB Bank Card Association; bank network)
- Kampuchea (formerly Cambodia)
- Large Cruiser (WW II ship type)
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
- California Bank & Trust
- Capacity Building and Transfer of Technology
- Cavalry Brigade (Air Attack)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engineer Lolit Binalay, chief of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Service (PAGASA) explained that such an incident could take place if there is an active formation of a Cumulo-Nimbus cloud.
With moist air, also being unstable air, the ability to develop considerable thunder clouds: cumulo-nimbus at their very best, has to be in place even close to midday.