NetIQ, have announced that two updates were made available on July 14, 2002 to help the IT community combat 'Camera/Shy," a hacking tool released by Racktivismo, a small offshoot of the notorious hacker group, Cult of the Dead Cow, on July 13, 2002.
What does CDC stand for?
CDC stands for Cult of the Dead Cow (hacker group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDC
We have 766 other meanings of CDC in our Acronym Attic
- Craig Developmental Center (Sonyea, NY)
- Creative Dance Center (various locations)
- Cri Du Chat (syndrome)
- Croatian Defense Council
- Crop Development Centre (Canada)
- Cross Dock Center (recieving department)
- Crown Decorator Centres (Lancashire, UK)
- Crying Drunk Chick
- Cryogenic Distillation Column
- Cul De Canard (French: Butt of A Duck; feathers used in fly tying)
- Cultural Diversity Committee (various locations)
- Current Dated Check
- Curriculum Development Committee (various locations)
- Curriculum Development Council
- Customer Definition Centre (Airbus)
- Customer-Driven Company (software)
- Cycle Double Cover (conjecture)
- Cyngor Defnyddwyr Cymru (Welsh: Welsh Consumer Council)
- Driver Chief Petty Officer (US Navy rank)
- CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2002 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD A group of computer hackers - called the Cult of the Dead Cow - has released a free toolkit for bypassing online censorship.
Called Back Orifice 2000, it has been developed by an underground group known as Cult Of The Dead Cow and is expected to be distributed through the Net during the next week.