He opted to fish a team of three flies - a Yellow Owl dry on the tail, a Diawl Bach wet in the middle and a cul de canard Pond Olive on the top dropper.
What does CDC stand for?
CDC stands for Cul De Canard (French: Butt of A Duck; feathers used in fly tying)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of CDC
We have 765 other meanings of CDC in our Acronym Attic
- Cour de Cassation (French: Supreme Court)
- Craig Developmental Center (Sonyea, NY)
- Creative Dance Center (various locations)
- Cri Du Chat (syndrome)
- Croatian Defense Council
- Crop Development Centre (Canada)
- Cross Dock Center (recieving department)
- Crown Decorator Centres (Lancashire, UK)
- Crying Drunk Chick
- Cryogenic Distillation Column
- Cult of the Dead Cow (hacker group)
- Cultural Diversity Committee (various locations)
- Current Dated Check
- Curriculum Development Committee (various locations)
- Curriculum Development Council
- Customer Definition Centre (Airbus)
- Customer-Driven Company (software)
- Cycle Double Cover (conjecture)
- Cyngor Defnyddwyr Cymru (Welsh: Welsh Consumer Council)
- Driver Chief Petty Officer (US Navy rank)
Samples in periodicals archive:
FLY BOX Cow Green: Black Hopper, Black Cul de Canard, Claret Bumble, Bob's Bits Derwent: Black Hopper, Hare's Ear, Silver Humongous, Dry Ginger Quill, Viva Cat, Black Gnat, Starburst Blob.
Pearly Pheasant Tail, Cul de Canard and dry Daddies other useful patterns.
IT has been great fishing again at Jubilee Lakes with lots of trout rising and taking hard especially on cul de canard emergers - a lovely change after what seems to have been an endless winter.
The tiny feathers near a duck's preen glands are much sought after for cul de canard dry flies.
Blackton: Black and Peacock Spider, Dark Green Cul de Canard, small silver bodied patterns.
On Saturday night, George, a painter and decorator who fishes for the Leslie Llanilar Club, opted for a claret Cul de Canard.
Cow Green: Black Gnat, Cul de Canard, Black Hoppers, Bibio, Black and Peacock Spider.