Already approved for cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes, the anti-inflammatory interleukin-1 inhibitors rilonacept (Arcalyst) and canakinumab (Ilaris) are being studied both for acute gout and for prophylaxis.
What does CAPS stand for?
CAPS stands for Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndrome (rheumatology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAPS
We have 375 other meanings of CAPS in our Acronym Attic
- Cost & Planning Status
- Counseling and Psychiatric Services (various organizations)
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Counter Active Protection System
- Counter-proliferation Analysis Planning System
- County Automated Payment System
- Creation Association of Puget Sound (Washington state)
- Crew Activity Planning System
- Crew Altitude Protection Suit
- Crisis Assessment & Prevention Systems (Nashville, TN)
- Cummins Accumulator Pump System
- Customer Accounting and Payment Strategy
- Consolidated Aerial Port System, Second Version
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale Part 2
- Canadian Association of Pension Supervisory Authorities
- Chinese American Parents and Students Association (Rockville, MD)
- Community Abuse Prevention Service Agency (Logan, UT)
- Companias Asociadas Petroleras SA (Spanish: Associated Petroleum Companies SA; Argentina)
- Concerned Asian Pacific Students for Action
- Conference on Asphalt Pavements for Southern Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
The immunomodulators are canakinumab (Ilaris; pregnancy class C), indicated for cryopyrin-associated periodic syndrome, and golimumab (Simponi; B), indicated (with or without methotrexate) for ankylosing spondylitis, active psoriatic arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis.