Moscow also announced Apr 1 that it would modernize three Oscar II diesel powered, nuclear cruise missile submarines as part of a modernization of the Russian Pacific Fleet.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Cruise Missile Submarine
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Credit Management System (customer profiling)
- Crédit Mutuel du Sénégal (French; Senegalese bank)
- Crew Management System (various organizations)
- Crisis Management System
- Critical Military Skills
- Crossconnect Management System
- Crowd Management Services (Starplex)
- Crowley Marine Services (various locations)
- Cruel Mythical Sword (Diablo 2 game)
- Cruise Missile Seminar
- Cryptographic Message Syntax (IETF / RFC 2630)
- Cryptomaterial Service
- Crystal Management Server
- Crystal Mover Services, Inc. (Miami, FL)
- Cubic Meters per Second
- Cultural and Media Studies (various schools)
- Cupertino Middle School (Sunnyvale, California)
- Current Medline Scanner
- Current-Mode Switching
- Curriculum Materials Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
The same operation also marked the first use of Tomahawk cruise missiles from an SSGN (Florida Ohio cruise missile submarine class boat).
According to Offley, "the radio teletypewriter in the Scorpion's radio shack came chattering to life" with orders diverting the sub "to a point southwest of the Canary Islands to spy on a group of Soviet Navy ships that included an Echo-II nuclear cruise missile submarine.
Meanwhile, Defence Secretary George Robertson revealed HMS Splendid, the Royal Navy's cruise missile submarine, had been resupplied with the weapons and would be ready for further attacks within the next 24 hours.
The Royal Navy's cruise missile submarine HMS Splendid - launched only last year - is also in the region.