This phenomenon, called the critical ionization velocity, can help explain the formation of the solar system; it was first suggested by Hannes Alfven, a Nobel-winning plasma physicist.
What does CIV stand for?
CIV stands for Critical Ionization Velocity
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIV
We have 58 other meanings of CIV in our Acronym Attic
- Combined Intermediate Valve
- Comité Interministériel des Villes (French: Interministerial Committee for Cities)
- Commander's Independent Viewer
- Composants Industriels Varay (French industrial parts company)
- Construcción, Infraestructura y Vivienda (Guatemala)
- Containment Isolation Valve
- Continuous Intravenous Infusion
- Corona Inception Voltage
- Cote d'Ivoire (ISO Country code)
- Council for International Visitors
- Customs Import Value
- Schedule IV Controlled Substance (USA)
- Civilian Mobilization Manpower Allocations/Requirements Plan
- Sid Meier's Civilization III (computer game)
- Civilization III: Conquests Expansion (gaming)
- Canada India Village Aid (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Carcinomas in Villous Adenomas
- Centralised Intravenous Additive
- Centre International pour la Ville, l'Architecture et le Paysage (French: International Center for Urbanism, Architecture and Landscape; Belgium)
- Character, Integrity, Vision and the Arts Charter School (Colorado Springs, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But a few tests were conducted expressly to test the phenomenon of critical ionization velocity.