From the get-go, the new regional counsel were embroiled in litigation and the counties have balked at paying for the costs of building or leasing offices, utilities, security, and existing radio and multi-agency criminal justice information systems.
What does CJIS stand for?
CJIS stands for Criminal Justice Information System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CJIS
We have 7 other meanings of CJIS in our Acronym Attic
- Criminal Justice Inspection Northern Ireland (UK)
- Central Jersey Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous (Woodbridge, NJ)
- Chinese Journal of International Politics
- Criminal Justice Incentive Payment
- Criminal Justice Interventions Programme (UK)
- Canadian Joint Incident Response Unit (Canadian Forces)
- Canadian Journal of Information Science (now Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science)
- China Jianyin Investment Securities (est. 2005)
- Comprehensive Justice Information System (various locations)
- Criminal Justice Information Services Division (FBI)
- Cultural Journeys in the Information Society
- Continental Journal of Information Technology (Nigeria)
- Criminal Justice Information Technology (UK)
- Criminal Justice Integrated Team (UK)
- Criminal Justice Intervention Team (UK)
- Children's Justice Interdisciplinary Task Force
- Canopy Jettison Initiator Unit (aviation)
- Community Justice Interventions Wales
- Capital Jiu-Jitsu (martial arts; various locations)
- Carrières Judiciaires et Juridiques (French: Judicial and Legal Careers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The cards go to CJIS (the Criminal Justice Information Systems Central Repository).
Strathclyde is being used as the testing ground for ISCJIS the Integration of Scottish Criminal Justice Information System.
KBI maintains a criminal justice information system with highly sensitive information, making security unequivocally paramount, the primary reason behind our original private network design," Norma Jean Schaefer, IT consultant, KBI.
The vision for an integrated criminal justice information system is grand, and yet basic.
The Colorado Integrated Criminal Justice Information System (CICJIS), which went live in May 1998, uses state-of-the-art technology, including advanced middleware products, to integrate existing statewide criminal justice information systems (including the Department of Public Safety, Colorado District Attorneys' Council, Department of Corrections, Judicial Branch and Department of Human Services).