In the letter, addressed to the unit chief of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS), The American Institute of Marine Underwriters (AIMU) and the Inland Marine Underwriters Association (IMUA) called current efforts "woefully inadequate and incomplete" and wrote that "the designed system and its form have been a failure.
What does CJIS stand for?
CJIS stands for Criminal Justice Information Services Division (FBI)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CJIS
We have 7 other meanings of CJIS in our Acronym Attic
- Criminal Justice Information Network
- Criminal Justice Inspection Northern Ireland (UK)
- Central Jersey Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous (Woodbridge, NJ)
- Chinese Journal of International Politics
- Criminal Justice Incentive Payment
- Criminal Justice Interventions Programme (UK)
- Canadian Joint Incident Response Unit (Canadian Forces)
- Canadian Journal of Information Science (now Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science)
- China Jianyin Investment Securities (est. 2005)
- Comprehensive Justice Information System (various locations)
- Criminal Justice Information System
- Cultural Journeys in the Information Society
- Continental Journal of Information Technology (Nigeria)
- Criminal Justice Information Technology (UK)
- Criminal Justice Integrated Team (UK)
- Criminal Justice Intervention Team (UK)
- Children's Justice Interdisciplinary Task Force
- Canopy Jettison Initiator Unit (aviation)
- Community Justice Interventions Wales
- Capital Jiu-Jitsu (martial arts; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Law enforcement authorities have a photo of a person and for whatever reason they just don't know who it is but they know this is clearly the missing link to our case," Nick Megna, from the FBI's criminal justice information services division said.
gov Training/Education for Law Enforcement Law Enforcement requests for training; Telephone: information on police reporting systems; 1 (888) UCR-NIBR technical assistance for law enforcement [827-6427] personnel Send correspondence to: Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Justice Information Services Division Attention: Uniform Crime Reports 1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306-0159 Directory of State Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Programs (1) Alabama Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center Suite 300 201 South Union Street Montgomery, Alabama 36130 (334) 517-2400 www.
The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division has completed 10 years of operation.
The FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division, which is located in Clarksburg, West Virginia, has launched a $1 billion effort to build the world's largest computer database of people's physical characteristics, termed "biometrics.
The measure is a part of the "Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Model Act," which proposes to assist states in obtaining information from the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division as they check for criminal histories among applicants to be insurance producers, officers and directors.
The test data review was conducted by the FBI's Communications & Technology Branch, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
The search would involve the records of the Criminal Justice Information Services Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.