Belfast Crown Court Judge Stephen Fowler QC told Jalal Uddin his crime of domestic violence was so serious it called for an immediate custodial sentence which must also include an element of deterence to others.
What does CODV stand for?
CODV stands for Crime of Domestic Violence
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CODV
We have 1 other meaning of CODV in our Acronym Attic
- Call of Duty Single Player (video game)
- Council of Directors of State University Libraries in Illinois
- Center for Optical Diagnostics and Therapy (The Netherlands)
- Configurable Ontology to Data-Model Transformation (financial model)
- Connection-Oriented Data Transfer (computing)
- Coding, Theory and Applications
- Centro de Orientação de Doentes Urgentes (Portugal: orientation center for medical emergencies)
- Central Ohio Database 2 User Group
- Call of Duty United Offensive (video game)
- Coup de Developpement
- Council Of Deans and Vice Chancellors (University of California at Davis)
- Call of Duty World At War (game)
- Call of Duty: World At War: Zombies (gaming)
- Come On Die Young (Mogwai album)
- Cab Over Engine (truck design)
- Call of the Earth (United Nations University)
- Carded Open End (cotton)
- Care of Equipment (for ACG duties)
- Care of the Elderly (various locations)
- Cash Operating Expense
Samples in periodicals archive:
33) In order for an individual to qualify as having been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence under section 922(g)(9), the underlying conviction must include an offense with an element that requires "the use or attempted use of physical force.
Deputies pointed out that the increase in reported cases could be seen as a positive thing, as the crime of domestic violence is no longer taking place behind closed doors and more people are coming forward.
922 (g) (9), a person who is convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is prohibited from possessing a firearm or ammunition.
The Bridgend Domestic Abuse Forum is a partnership initiative dedicated to fighting the crime of domestic violence.
239) The Army's local legal department must undergo a Lautenberg Amendment analysis in each case, determining, for example, whether the soldier had been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence under state law, and whether the soldier had knowingly and intelligently waived a jury trial.
61) This solution varies depending on whether the soldier was convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence before or after the Amendment went into effect.
In its final funding bill for this year, Congress added provisions that make it illegal for anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to possess, ship, transport, or receive any firearm or ammunition whether it be government-issued or privately owned.