Trish Paterson, executive director for college access initiatives for the University System of Georgia, said prior learning isn't just giving students credit for life experience.
What does CLEP stand for?
CLEP stands for Credit for Life Experience (college credit)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CLEP
We have 19 other meanings of CLEP in our Acronym Attic
- Clusters of Embedded Parallel Time Critical Applications
- Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics
- Counseling Laboratory for the Exploration of Optimal States (University of Kansas)
- Cyberinfrastructure Laboratory for Environmental Observing Systems (San Diego Supercomputer Center)
- Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (Association of Energy Engineers)
- Chinese Lunar Exploration Program (China National Space Administration)
- College Level Equivalency Program
- College Level Examination Program
- Commission on Legal Empowerment of the Poor (UN)
- Council of Logistics Engineering Professionals
- Comité de Liaison de la Construction d'Equipements et de Pièces d'Automobiles (European Association of Automotive Suppliers)
- Comité de Liaison Européen des Fabricants d'Equipements et de Pièces Automobiles (French: European Liaison Committee of Manufacturers of Equipment and Auto Parts)
- Central Laboratory of Electrochemical Power Sources (Bulgaria)
- Cultural Learning Environment Questionnaire
- Central Laboratory for Environmental Quality Monitoring (Egypt)
- Carrier Life Enhancing Repairs
- Certification, Licensure, Evaluation, and Review
- Classification and Labelling of Explosives Regulations 1983 (United Kingdom)
- Cloud Effective Particle Radius
Samples in periodicals archive:
She said the college never granted credit for life experience at the graduate level and only offered credit for police and other training sparingly for undergraduates.
Measure would give credit to sheriffs SALEM - Oregon legislators plan to give 70-year-old Sheriff Bob Skipper the equivalent of credit for life experience - he won't have to redo basic training.
A diploma mill is a college or university that operates primarily to make money, often offering college credit for life experience rather than formal education.
If testing your brains out is not your thing, you can still shave off thousands of dollars from the escalating cost of college tuition in other ways: concurrent enrollment in college and high school; correspondence courses and distance learning courses available on audio- and videotapes, online, television and combinations thereof; credit for foreign academic experience; and credit for life experience learning, which is now awarded through most nontraditional or independent study degree programs.
EVS 5--Student Development The student development standard mandates that "academic credit for life experience and previous work experience must not be given in whole or in part, in lieu of the field practicum or of courses in the professional foundation areas specified in the Curriculum Policy Statement" (CSWE, 1994, EVS 5.
Spanning five to six years, this program also grants credit for life experience gained through job and workshops.