In 1998, however, President Bill Clinton signed the Credit Union Membership Access Act, which opened credit union doors to multiple constituencies.
What does CUMAA stand for?
CUMAA stands for Credit Union Membership Access Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Cumberland (Amtrak station code; Cumberland, MD)
- Cummins Engine Company (stock symbol)
- Cysto-Urétrographie Mictionnelle (French: Urinary Cysto-Urethrography)
- Canadian Underwater Mine Apparatus (breathing)
- Canadian Underwater Mine Countermeasures Apparatus
- Canadian Urban Music Awards (industry event)
- Canadian Urethane Manufacturers' Association (est. 1973; Ontario, Canada)
- Coopératives d'Utilisation du Matériel Agricole (French: Cooperatives Using Agricultural Materials)
- Credit Union Managers Association (Ontario, Canada)
- Cambridge University Malaysia Society
- Chuckling Under My Breath
- Columbia University Marching Band
- Carthage Undergrads Making Big Youth Activities (on-site ministry events; Kenosha, WI)
- Calvary United Methodist Church
- Canadian Undergraduate Mathematics Conference
- Caseville United Methodist Church (Michigan)
- Center University Medical Center (Netherlands)
- Chapelwood United Methodist Church (Texas)
- Christ United Methodist Church
Samples in periodicals archive:
1151, the Credit Union Membership Access Act, provided.
She has been a leader in legislative matters for Alaska's credit unions, and led the fight for passage of the Credit Union Membership Access Act of 1998.
The 1998 Credit Union Membership Access Act may mitigate these risks by explicitly allowing credit unions to expand their field of membership to include multiple common bonds called "select employee groups" (SEGs).
Thus, is appears that the fears expressed by critics of the Credit Union Membership Access Act remain valid.
The federal Credit Union Membership Access Act of 1998 -- which the banking industry opposed -- allowed credit unions to continue bringing in groups from outside the core groups they were initially chartered to serve, giving the nonprofit, tax-exempt institutions the opportunity to grow through mergers.
The Credit Union Membership Access Act (HR 1151) is intended to protect and preserve credit unions and their members while keeping their business practices safe and sound.