Eventually, government agencies and mortgage originators began to parse out their loans and assign credit risk ratings based on credit scores; risk-based pricing had arrived.
What does CRR stand for?
CRR stands for Credit Risk Rating
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CRR
We have 198 other meanings of CRR in our Acronym Attic
- Contingency Retention Requirement
- Continuous Renal Replacement
- Contract Rights Renewal (UK)
- Cooperatively Rearranging Region (crystals)
- Cost Recovery Rate
- Cost Recovery Regulations
- Country Risk Rating (various organizations)
- Cox Ross Rubinstein (financial options valuation model)
- Credential Record Reference
- Credit Report Request
- Crew Readiness Review
- Criminal Record Report
- Critical Requirements Review (NASA)
- Cuminanza Rumantscha Radio e Televisiun (Romansh speaking Radio and Television, Switzerland)
- Current Run Rate
- Customer Relation Representative
- Cyber Risk Report (Cisco Systems)
- Copper Response Regulator 1 (genetics)
- California Resource Recovery Association
- Capabilities Review and Risk Assessment (USAF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taking the internal rating of credit risk for example, since the launch of the internal rating approaches in 2004, ICBC integrated the data about credit, operation, IT and finance, refined the information of financial statement, corporate customers, transactions and default recovery with data in the past ten years, developed more than 30 non-retail credit risk rating models, and established a two-dimensional rating system based on the customer rating and debt rating.
The event will highlight the internal methods of measuring credit risk in order to calculate the capital adequacy and mechanisms of its application, which requires the building of a comprehensive model of the internal credit risk ratings and providing an integrated early warning system to predict any deterioration in the quality of credit portfolio and allows the monitoring of the quality of its loans and allocation of required capital.
In a move to shore up the credit risk rating of Lebanon, Central Bank Governor Riad Salameh undertook a $2 billion debt swap between the Bank and the Finance Ministry.
The OECD assigns credit risk ratings to almost all countries in the world.
Of course, the bank regulator in Lebanon is encouraging Lebanese banks to adopt internal credit risk rating systems - but more for 'good banking' reasons as opposed to mandated regulatory compliance.
Arif Shaikh, Chief Risk Officer for First Gulf Bank, says, "S&P Risk Solutions was selected for its extensive experience in evaluating banks' credit risk rating models and the ability to work with the bank across a variety of models used by the bank.
CBE elaborates on provisioning for various credit risk ratings