It can make muscles stronger, but also improves their ability to store energy in the form of creatine phosphate, a substance that allows them to produce short, powerful bursts of muscle activity.
What does CP stand for?
CP stands for Creatine Phosphate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CP
We have 227 other meanings of CP in our Acronym Attic
- Counterparty (credit)
- Counterplan (debate)
- Counterpoints (choir; North Central High School, Indianapolis, IN)
- County Parish (UK)
- County Primary (UK schools)
- Coupled Pair (many-electron theory)
- Cours Primaire (French: Primary Course)
- Crazy Person
- Crease Pattern (Origami folding pattern)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I thought I could replenish my ATP stores, Maybe even stash some of it as creatine phosphate.
Effect of oral creatine monohyhrate and creatine phosphate supplementation on maximal strenght indices, body composition and blood pressure.
15) This creatine phosphate (CrP) is used to rapidly replenish ATP stores during maximal efforts and is essential in efforts lasting 5-10 seconds.
In addition to 1300 mg of NT Factor, Healthy Aging delivers 20 mg of Mitochondrial Fuel Blend, which consists of potassium pyruvate, alphaketoglutaric acid, L-carnitine-L-tartrate and creatine phosphate.
Once inside the cells, vanadium chelates to many intracellular ligands, such as creatine phosphate, proteins, glutathione, and ascorbic acids (Nechay et al.