1987, "Characteristics of MgATP2- dependent electrogenic proton transport in tonoplast vesicles of facultative crassulacean acid metabolism plant Mesembryanthemum crystallinum L.
What does CAM stand for?
CAM stands for Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (botany)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAM
We have 647 other meanings of CAM in our Acronym Attic
- Coördinatiepunt Assessment en Monitoring
- Core Automated Maintenance
- Coronographic Apodizer Mechanism
- Corporate Account Manager
- Corrections Administration and Management (Bellevue University; Nebraska)
- Cost Account Manager
- Cost Allocation Matrix
- Coupled Angular Mode
- Court-Annexed Mediation (various locations)
- Cradle of Aviation Museum (Long Island, New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the late 1970s, a colleague who was studying metabolic tricks that plants use in harsh environments proposed to von Willert that Welwitschia can conserve water by a process called crassulacean acid metabolism, or CAM.
Variations in the phases of crassulacean acid metabolism and regulation of carboxylation patterns determined by carbon-isotope-discrimination techniques.