In the first paper, the researchers followed the role of Disc1 in cranial neural crest (CNC) cells, which are multi-potent cells that give rise to multiple cell types including craniofacial cartilage and the peripheral nervous system during development.
What does CNC stand for?
CNC stands for Cranial Neural Crest
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CNC
We have 317 other meanings of CNC in our Acronym Attic
- Conseil National de la Consommation (French: National Consumer Council; est. 1983)
- Consensual Non-Consent
- Conserved Non-Coding (genetics)
- Constitutionalists' Networking Center
- Control Numérico Computarizado (Spanish: Computerized Numerical Control)
- Controlled Not Classified (biopharmaceutical industry)
- Copy Number Change
- Council for Nursing Centers
- Counter-Narcotics Center (CIA)
- Covenant Not to Compete
- Crime and Narcotics Center (DCI)
- Critical National Capability
- Currently Not Collectable
- Customer Network Controller
- College of Naval Command and Staff (US Navy)
- Central North Carolina Men's Senior Baseball League
- Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (game)
- Command and Conquer 3 (video game)
- California Narcotic Canine Association
- California Northern Coastal Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sonic hedgehog rescues cranial neural crest from cell death induced by ethanol exposure.
By knocking out uPA, it is possible to deduce the role it plays in cranial neural crest migration.
In neural plate stage embryos (stages 15-18) hybridized with antisense probes, staining was observed along the neural fold regions corresponding to premigratory cranial neural crest for control, vehicle alone (Figure 8A), nonylphenol (Figure 8C), and methoxychlor (data not shown) treatments.