The late Bill Bixby, who played Banner in the cult series, appears in a TV snippet from the sitcom The Courtship Of Eddie's Father.
What does COEF stand for?
COEF stands for Courtship of Eddie's Father (TV show)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of COEF
- Certified Office Ergonomics Evaluator
- Connecticut Outdoor & Environmental Education Association
- Committee on Energy Efficiency Commerce and Trade
- Children of Ethiopia Education Fund (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Combined Occupational & Environmental Exposures & Risks Subgroup
- Center of Excellence in Environmental Systems (Syracuse, NY)
- Central Office Equipment Engineering System
- Canada-Ontario Export Forum
- Canadian Olympic Excellence Fund
- Contemporary Operating Environment Forces (Canadian Army)
- Contracted Out Employments Group (UK)
- Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (US)
- Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health (University of Manchester; UK)
- Certificate Of Exective Host
- Church of Earth Healing (Ohio)
- Cleveland Opportunities to End Hunger (Ohio)
- Committee on Environmental Health (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- College of Education and Human Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Loved the little odes to "The Incredible Hulk" TV series, including a shot of a young Bill Bixby on a television screen in a rerun of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father," Lou Ferrigno as a security guard (at 56 the guy still looks like he should be painted green and busting through brick walls), and Edward Norton delivering a fumbling Portuguese translation of the show's signature line - "Don't get me angry.
This one features Brandon Cruz (yep, from Bad News Bears and Courtship of Eddie's Father fame) and Ismael Hernandez (brother of Jaime and Gilbert, who are responsible for both the Love and Rockets comics and the band's sexy-but-evil girl logo), two original members who were both out of the band at one point until they reformed, as well as Stevil on guitar and Rick (the guy with the bleached faux hawk) on drums.
Indeed, we haven't seen so many TV fathers taking care of their children since Fred MacMurray and Lorne Greene ruled over the roost in My Three Sons and Bonanza, or Andy Griffith and Bill Bixby proved that dad knew best in The Andy Griffith Show and The Courtship of Eddie's Father.
Way before single parents were commonplace, shows like The Courtship of Eddie's Father, A Family Affair and The Brady Bunch were supposed to be about oddball families.
Lord & Taylor's windows look Tim Burtonesque and Barney's is doing the '60s like a great old rerun of "The Courtship of Eddie's Father.
A couple of years ago, Nick at Nite revived The Courtship of Eddie's Father.
He made his name in Gilda, opposite Rita Hayworth, and is best remembered for his charming/tough roles in Richard Brooks's The Blackboard Jungle, Frank Capra's A Pocketful of Miracles and Vincente Minnelli's The Courtship of Eddie's Father.