During the last decade, however, the emergence of Web-based Pedagogical Tools (WBPT) embedded in Course Management Systems (CMS) can enrich these instructional interventions tailored to enhance student self-regulation, particularly in college classrooms where students are expected to function independently.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Course Management System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Correspondence Management System (software)
- Cosmopolitan Music Society (Edmonton, AB, Canada)
- Cote Majorée de Sécurité (French: Increased Security Rating; nuclear power industry)
- Cougar Mountain Software (Boise, ID)
- Council on Medical Service
- Country Montessori School (various locations)
- Countryside Management Scheme (UK)
- County Medical Society (various locations)
- Cours de Mathématiques Spéciales (Switzerland)
- Course Management Service
- Course Mission Statement (Navy curriculum development)
- Court Management System (software)
- Court Martialled and Shot
- Crane Merchandising Systems (vending machines; South Carolina)
- Crash Management System (automotive)
- Crawford Music Services (Los Angeles, California)
- Creative Media Services (Decatur, IL)
- Creative Music Studio (various locations)
- Credit Management System (customer profiling)
- Crédit Mutuel du Sénégal (French; Senegalese bank)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The purpose of the current experiment was to determine how students at a university with no course management system (and very little use of technology in general) would respond to the introduction of a course website.
An abbreviated fall semester relied on Blackboard's course management system to carry 800 online courses, a higher than usual number for UNO, to keep students on track.
Balancing technology and tradition: The example of course management systems.
1 Collaborative Learning Environment and Course Management System.
Questia Classroom: A Course Management System for Educators and Students The online library is moving into the classroom.
One of the six instructors used the online chat tool provided in the course management system to promote instructor feedback in the final exam review session.