For instance, Fleet Numerical uses its Coupled Ocean/Atmosphere Mesoscale Prediction System, COAMPS(R) model to predict weather and ocean conditions in highly complex coastal areas of the world such as the Persian Gulf.
What does COAMPS stand for?
COAMPS stands for Coupled Ocean/Atmosphere Mesoscale Prediction System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of COAMPS in our Acronym Attic
- Coin-operated Amusement Machine
- Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid (Spanish: Official College of Architects of Madrid; Madrid, Spain)
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Conservation of Angular Momentum (physics)
- Council of Agricultural Ministers (intergovernmental association)
- Customer Owned And Maintained
- China Orient Asset Management Corporation (est. 1999)
- Council on Aging of Martin County (Florida)
- Customer Owned And Maintained Equipment
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education
- Change of Address Notification (Canada Post Corporation)
- Comando de Aviación Naval (Spanish: Naval Aviation Command; Argentina)
- Comptroller Office Automation Network
- Computer Association of Nigeria
- Confederation of Allied Nations (gaming clan)
- Colorado Air National Guard
- Corporación de Ayuda al Niño Quemado (Chilean Burnt Children Assistance Corporation)
- Constitutional Officers Association of New Jersey
- Colorado Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Coalition of Autonomous Organizations of Ocosingo (Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Coupled Ocean/Atmosphere Mesoscale Prediction System (COAMPS) is a regional model that covers selected parts of the world and can be run at a higher spatial resolution to provide a more detailed prediction of the weather.