The simulated data were generated by a collection of 20 climate models called the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project version 3 or "CMIP3.
What does CMIP stand for?
CMIP stands for Coupled Model Intercomparison Project
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMIP
We have 29 other meanings of CMIP in our Acronym Attic
- Capability Maintenance and Improvements Project (US DOE)
- Cash Management Investment Pool
- Center for Monitoring the Impact of Peace
- Client Mobile Internet Protocol
- Command Model Installation Program
- Common Management Information Protocol
- Common Management Interface Protocol
- Comprehensive Medicaid Integrity Plan (US DHHS)
- Corporate Management Information Program
- Corrective Measure Implementation Plan (quality control)
- Current Month Invoicing Process (Sprint)
- Common Management Information Protocol/Common Management Information Services
- Central Massachusetts Independent Physician Association, LLC
- China Machinery Industrial Products Co., Ltd.
- Common Management Information Protocol Data Unit
- Common Management Information Protocol Machine
- Case Management, Information and Payrolling System
- Carter Maximum Incremental Reactivity
- Cell-Mediated Immune Response (immunology)
- Cellular, Molecular and Integrative Reproduction (National Institutes of Health)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The simulations were part of NCAR's contribution to the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project Phase 5 (CMIP5).
In the second stage of our approach, we obtained estimates of future heat waves from seven different climate model simulations of temperature from the Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison (PCMDI 2009) as part of the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP3) (Meehl et al.