The word `croppy' was in reference to the short hair style the Irish rebels wore in the United Irishmen Rebellion of 1798 in County Wexford, Ireland.
What does WEX stand for?
WEX stands for County Wexford, Ireland
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of WEX
- Women Empowering Women for Indian Nations (Onamia, MN)
- Western European Workshop on Research in Cryptology
- West Eugene Wetlands Plan
- Western Wood-Pewee (bird species Contopus sordidulus)
- Water Environment and Water Services Act (Scotland)
- West Eugene Wetlands Special Area Study (Eugene, OR)
- Workshop on Energy in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Workshop on Emerging Web Services Technology
- What Every Woman Wants (television show)
- World Ends with You (game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
US President John F Kennedy received a rapturous welcome on an emotional visit to his ancestral homeland in County Wexford, Ireland, this weekend in 1963.
TREBLE Grade 1 turf winner Bienamado has been acquired by Eoin Banville to stand at Arctic Tack Stud in County Wexford, Ireland.
He had bought a one-way ticket to Rosslare, County Wexford, Ireland.
The overall winner, with his four-year-old brown and white dog, Craig, was Toddy Lambe from Enniscorthy, County Wexford, Ireland.
These pages reveal the wisdom sources that punctuate the author's journey--from his early years in County Wexford, Ireland, his study of theology and social psychology, his openness and service to the homeless in London, and his international consciousness through presentations and workshops increasingly focused on the developing world.
MONUMENT, OULART HILL, COUNTY WEXFORD, IRELAND An austere monument in pastoral Wexford landscape commemorates history and proffers hope for the future.