The investigation, conducted by the agencys counterintelligence division, does, however make a series of recommendations to improve procedures to check sources and require that CIA field officers share more information with their superiors.
What does CID stand for?
CID stands for Counterintelligence Division
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CID
We have 320 other meanings of CID in our Acronym Attic
- Continuity-Impact Discount
- Continuous Improvement Discussion
- Convenzione Indennizzo Diretto (Italian: Convention Direct Compensation)
- Cops in Disguise
- Cordless Impact Driver (tool)
- Corporate Identity Design (marketing)
- Corporate Integration Directorate
- Corporate Investments Division
- Correctional Institutions Division (Texas)
- Cosmetic Ingredient Declaration
- Craft Interface Device
- Création Internationale Diffusion (French art supply company)
- Creative Interior Design (various locations)
- Criminal Intelligence Division
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Criminal Investigation Detachment
- Criminal Investigation Division
- Criminal Investigative Division (US)
- Critical Incident Detection
- Critical Item Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Richard DesLauriers Special Agent in Charge: FBI Boston Division Age: 50 Education: Assumption College, bachelor of arts, magna cum laude, 1982 Columbus School of Law of Catholic University of America, juris doctor 1987: Began as special agent 1990: Counterintelligence, New York Division 1995: Supervisory special agent, Eurasian Section of National Security Branch, headquarters 1997: Counterintelligence program coordinator and case supervisor, Boston Division 2003: Assistant special agent in charge overseeing counterintelligence and administrative programs, Boston Division 2008: Deputy assistant director, Counterintelligence Division, FBI Hometown: Longmeadow Family: Wife and one child ART: PHOTO CUTLINE: Mr.
James Angleton, the target in Spytime, headed the CIA's counterintelligence division until he was forced to retire in 1974.