A special police unit was conducting counterinsurgency operations in a forested area on the border of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh states, senior police official Himanshu Gupta said.
What does COIN stand for?
COIN stands for Counterinsurgency Operations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COIN
We have 38 other meanings of COIN in our Acronym Attic
- Community of Interest Network
- Community Online Information Network
- Composite Organic-Inorganic Nanoparticle
- Composites Optimized by Infusion through Nanotubes
- Conference on Optical Internet
- Conflict of Interest/Noticeboard (Wikipedia)
- Converted Organics, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Coordination, Organizations, Institutions, and Norms in Agent Systems (workshop)
- Counter Insurgency
- Counterinsurgency Aircraft
- County of Oxford Integrated Network
- Customer Order and Invoicing System
- Conference on Optical Internet and Australian Conference on Optical Fiber Technology
- International Conference on Optical Internet and Next Generation Network
- Coordinadora de Organizaciones Indígenas-Campesinas de Bolivia (Spanish: Coordinator of Indigenous and Peasant Organizations of Bolivia)
- Constructive Incremental Cost Model (software engineering)
- Cooperación Indígena para el Desarrollo Integral (Spanish: Indigenous Cooperation for Integral Development; Guatemala)
- Cultural Objects in Networked Environments
- Concurrency in Enterprise Systems (International Workshop)
- Centro Odontológico Integrado de Nova Friburgo (Portugese)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The articles are divided into sections covering regional foreign policy, military strategy and planning, and counterinsurgency and state building, and individual articles discuss topics such as US policy towards rogue states, military strategy in Iraq and Afghanistan, and practical assessments of counterinsurgency operations.
About recent civilian deaths in NATO-led airstrikes, he said there had been a decline in such incidents and they were doing their bit to avoid collateral in counterinsurgency operations, PAN reported.
military to use seven Colombian bases for anti-drug and counterinsurgency operations unconstitutional, arguing the pact requires approval from lawmakers.
The army is also seeking parity between the ex gratia paid to the kin of soldiers killed in counterinsurgency operations and warlike conflicts.
7) However, counterinsurgency operations are inherently different, (8) because the mission focuses not on destruction of the enemy but on providing for the safety and security of the local population, making safety and security the military advantage to be gained.
That occupation and those counterinsurgency operations have also occasioned moral debate within the just war community, as have the occupation of and counterinsurgency operations in Afghanistan.
Petraeus described ''comprehensive civil-military counterinsurgency operations in key districts in Afghanistan,'' and Undersecretary of Defense Michele Flournoy said that ''our goal.