The associations under discussion include the American Library Association (ALA), Special Libraries Association (SLA), Medical Library Association (MLA), Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), Council on Library Resources (CLR), Association of Research Libraries (ARL), and the Research Libraries Group (RLG).
What does CLR stand for?
CLR stands for Council on Library Resources
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CLR
We have 146 other meanings of CLR in our Acronym Attic
- Computer Language Research
- Conditional Logistic Regression
- Consortium for Lexical Research (New Mexico)
- Contact Lens Relief (Clear Eyes)
- Container Loading
- Context Likelihood of Relatedness (algorithm)
- Contingent Liability Record
- Contingent Liability Report
- Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest (authors of the book "Introduction to Algorithms")
- Correlated Low-Rank
- Covert Laser Read
- Credit Loss Reserve
- Current-Limiting Resistor
- Customer Liaison Representative
- Clearing Station
- Combat Logistics Regiment 2 (US Marine Corps)
- Children's Law Reform Act (Canada)
- Civil Liberties Restoration Act of 2004
- Clear Lake Racing Association (Friendswood, Texas)
- Communal Land Rights Act of 2004 (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Marcum (1996) has summarized a Council on Library Resources program to look more closely at public libraries that would attempt to explain how twelve especially innovative libraries are dealing with the new age of electronic information and how their communities are responding.
Mandel and Kantor were engaged by the Council on Library Resources (CLR) to examine the cataloging practices and procedures in several prominent research libraries with the aim of identifying an efficient and cost-effective standard that might serve as a model for other institutions and lead to savings in cataloging and improvements in processing throughputs.