The Council of Schools for the Blind (COSB) is pleased to announce the hiring of Eugene McMahon as its executive director.
What does COSB stand for?
COSB stands for Council of Schools for the Blind (US and Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COSB
We have 7 other meanings of COSB in our Acronym Attic
- Coalition of South African Trade Unions (est. 1985)
- Congress of South African Trade Unions
- Committee on South Asian Women (est. 1982)
- Congress of South African Writers
- Committee on South African War Resistance
- California Oaks State Bank
- Central Operations and Systems Branch (Australia)
- Chamber Orchestra of the South Bay (California)
- City of Oxford Silver Band (est. 1887; UK)
- Class of Service Buffer (data communications)
- Colorado Straw Bale Association (Durango, CO)
- Computer Service Bureaux (UK)
- Cooperative Swiss Banking
- Committee on the Opportunities and Status of Blacks in Agricultural Economics
- Coordinated Shore Based Allowance List
- Competitive Oligonucleotide Single-Base Extension
- Conference of Southern Baptist Evangelists
- Council of Small Business Enterprises (est. 1991; Montgomery, AL)
- Council of Small Business Executives (Milwaukee, MN)
- Comprehensive Open Source Benchmark Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two major milestones in the life of JVIB this past year have been the kind support of the Council of Schools for the Blind (COSB) and the new relationship we have developed with the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP).
The Council of Schools for the Blind (COSB) believes strongly in the implementation of the ECC.
[Information for this piece was taken from "The Ohio State School for the Blind Marching Band," by Scott Blake, which appeared in the Fall 2009 edition of Howe's Now, a publication of the Council of Schools for the Blind.
In addition, he has served as president of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER) and the Council of Schools for the Blind, as well as the chair of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
He is the past president of the Council of Schools for the Blind (COSB), a membership organization of schools for students who are blind or visually impaired, including those with multiple disabilities, and was awarded the COSB William H.
She has served on the boards of various organizations in the field of visual impairment and blindness, including as president of the Council of Schools for the Blind, and as vice president of Deaf-Blind International; in addition, she is a former member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness.
The academy of the Council of Schools for the Blind (COSB), a consortium of specialized schools in Canada and the United States whose major goal is improving the quality of services to children who are blind and visually impaired, is now available online.