After retiring, he worked for 12 years as the New England regional consultant for the Council of Jewish Federations in New York City.
What does CJF stand for?
CJF stands for Council of Jewish Federations
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CJF
We have 21 other meanings of CJF in our Acronym Attic
- Cape Jewellery Fair (South Africa)
- Cercle Jules Ferry (French sports club)
- Certified Journeyman Farrier (American Farriers Association)
- Channel Journal File
- Chantiers de la Jeunesse Française (French youth camps)
- Clan Jade Falcon (gaming clan)
- Clearjet Filter
- Club des Jeunes Financiers (French: Young Financial Club)
- Coherent Joint Fires
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Crail-Johnson Foundation (San Pedro, CA)
- Canada-Japan Friendship Association (est. 1948)
- Centre Juridique Franco Allemand (French: Legal Center Franco-German; Saarland University; Saarbrucken, Germany)
- Combined Joint Forces Air Component Command
- Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (was JFRBC until 1980)
- Continental Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science (Nigeria)
- Collingham Junior Football Club (UK)
- Combined Joint Force Component
- Central Jersey Federal Credit Union (Woodbridge/South Plainfield, NJ)
- Criminal Justice Facilities Development Department (Maricopa County, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He fails, however, to understand that by the 1980s the Council of Jewish Federations (CJF), rather than the NCSJ and the Israelis, set policy on Soviet Jewry for the American Jewish establishment.
She leaves her husband, Melvin, who was the former executive director of the Worcester Jewish Federation and the New York and New England regional consultant for the Council of Jewish Federations in New York City; a sister, Esther, of Phoenix, Az.
The American Jewish establishment, led by the Council of Jewish Federations and supported by the leadership of the local federations, resisted Israeli pressure and rejected an Israeli proposal to stop aiding Jewish emigres who resettled in the United States.