Huddersfield Polytechnic took a step nearer university status when the Council for National Academic Awards said that from April 1 the college would have the right to independently validate the standards of its own courses.
What does CNAA stand for?
CNAA stands for Council for National Academic Awards (former UK degree awarding authority; 1965-1992)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CNAA
We have 14 other meanings of CNAA in our Acronym Attic
- Certification of Non-Availability Purchase Order
- College of the North Atlantic - Qatar (Doha, Qatar)
- Computer Network Attack/Computer Network Defense
- Canadian National Aircraft Appraisals (Ontario)
- Central Nassau Athletic Association
- Centre National d'Artisanat d'Art (French: National Craft Art Center; Burkina Faso)
- Certified Nurse Administrator, Advanced
- Certified Nursing Assistant Advanced
- Challenge Nordique des Alpes d'Azur (French: Nordic Challenge of the Southern Alps; ski competition)
- Community Nurse Audiometrists Association Inc (Australia)
- Central Nuclear Almirante Álvaro Alberto (Brazil)
- Center for North American Amphibians and Reptiles
- Chincoteague Naval Auxiliary Air Station (Virginia)
- Centro Nacional de Automação Bancária (Portuguese: National Center for Banking Automation; Brazil)
- Chimie Nucléaire Analytique et Bio-environmentale (CRCM)
- China National Accreditation Board for Certifiers
- Commander Naval Air Bases (US Navy)
- Confédération Nationale des Administrateurs de Biens (France)
- Congress of North American Bosniaks
- Customer Name and Address Bureau (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I was, however, assured that degree courses at polytechnics were equal in academic standard to university degree courses and were accredited by the Council for National Academic Awards to indicate this.