It could be that lower vitamin D levels contribute to increasing asthma severity, which requires more corticosteroid therapy.
What does CST stand for?
CST stands for Corticosteroid Therapy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CST
We have 569 other meanings of CST in our Acronym Attic
- Copper Shielding Tape (various companies)
- Core Strength Training
- Core Systems Transformation (IBM)
- Corn Stock Theatre (Peoria, IL)
- Corporate Services Team (various businesses)
- Corporate Stock Transfer (est. 1985; Denver, CO)
- Corporate Strategy Team (various locations)
- Corps Support Team (US DoD)
- Correctional Services Technician
- Corticospinal Tract (nerve fibers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The indications for corticosteroid therapy in critically ill patients with sepsis are controversial because of the complexity of the issues and the paucity of clinical evidence.
The objectives of this study were 1) to investigate the prescribing patterns of sports medicine orthopaedic surgeons who used short-term oral corticosteroid therapy of less than 10 days in the treatment of sports injuries in competitive high school and college athletes; and 2) to document the types and numbers of medical complications associated with OCS use in these athletes over a 2-year recall period.
Short-term corticosteroid therapy has shown benefit in hospitalized patients.
If this post-bronchodilator lung function does not normalise, patients should be subjected to a trial of corticosteroid therapy (prednisone 40 mg daily for 2 weeks, or inhaled budesonide 400 [micro]g bd or equivalent for 6 weeks).