It has been linked to other neurodegenerative disorders, including frontotemporal dementia, supranuclear palsy and corticobasal degeneration.
What does CBD stand for?
CBD stands for Corticobasal Degeneration (neuropathology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CBD
We have 239 other meanings of CBD in our Acronym Attic
- Component Based Development
- Computer Based Depository
- Computer-Based Demonstration
- Condemned Below Depot
- Configured Baseline Document
- Conservative Business Dress
- Construction Battalion Detachment
- Convention on Biodiversity
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- Corporate Business Development (various organizations)
- Corticobasal Ganglionic Degeneration (neurology)
- Cost Break Down
- COTS (Commercial-off-the-Shelf) Based Development (software)
- Crazy Blind Date (no-cost dating service; various locations)
- Crossed-Beam Display (3-D technology)
- Customer Business Development
- Cyclobutadiene (chemistry)
- Cellulose Binding Domains 1
- Chimpanzee Beta-Defensin-1
- C++ Builder Database Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
This handbook for clinicians provides guidance on the recognition, diagnosis, and management of disorders that fall under the category of atypical parkinsonism: Lewy body disease, multiple system atrophy, progressive supranuclear palsy, corticobasal degeneration, and other causes of parkinsonism.
He will have an excuse for taking occasional breathers too, because the 37-year-old is set to tweet his way around the Dubai route, to raise awareness for CBD, or Corticobasal degeneration, after his father was diagnosed with the rare brain disease last year.
Abstract: The Parkinson-plus syndromes, which include multiple system atrophy (MSA), progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), and corticobasal degeneration (CBD), are still not well-known.
Boxer's Consortium will explore the potential for new treatments for frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD), corticobasal degeneration (CBD) and progressive supranuclear Palsy (PSP).
Clinically, the 14 patients had been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementias, primary progressive aphasia, and corticobasal degeneration, said Dr.
I took her to specialists in Pennsylvania who gave her a diagnosis of dementia and possibly one called corticobasal degeneration," he recalled.
The methods covered in Intellect's new patent applications potentially may be applied to numerous proteinopathies, such as Alzheimer's disease, Pick's disease, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Corticobasal Degeneration, Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration, Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseases, Multiple System Atrophy, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and Type II diabetes Mellitus, among others.