Doctors believe the higher rates among women are due in part to their susceptibility to certain rarer diseases, such as coronary artery dissection, where around eight out of ten cases are women.
What does CAD stand for?
CAD stands for Coronary Artery Dissection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAD
We have 510 other meanings of CAD in our Acronym Attic
- Contract Appeals Division
- Contract Award Date
- Contract d'Agriculture Durable
- Control Alt Delete (website)
- Control and Debug
- Control And Display
- Control Authority Domain
- Conversión Analógico-Digital (Spanish)
- Coordination and Development (committee; various organizations)
- Coronary Artery Disease
Samples in periodicals archive:
8) Another example of online communities working with traditional scientists has been the two new Mayo Clinic studies of spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD), a rare and poorly understood heart ailment.
Two further attacks were to follow before doctors realised that Sally had contracted spontaneous coronary artery dissection - a very rare condition that can present itself in women around the times of pregnancy and birth.
Sally Halil suffered at least two heart attacks before cardiologists diagnosed spontaneous coronary artery dissection - an illness so rare that only 100 cases have been reported worldwide.
Coronary artery dissection after blunt chest trauma is rare, but it can precipitate MI after a minor chest injury, they noted.
Double vessel extension of spontaneous left main coronary artery dissection in young women treated with thrombolytics.