Hirsch has also created a system of Core Knowledge schools to teach this curriculum, and a Core Knowledge Foundation for research on American education.
What does CKF stand for?
CKF stands for Core Knowledge Foundation (est. 1986; Charlottesville, VA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CKF
We have 14 other meanings of CKF in our Acronym Attic
- Central Kansas Educational Opportunity Center (Great Bend, KS)
- Creatine Kinase Equilibrium Reaction
- Collaborative Knowledge Evolution Support System
- Canadian Kendo Federation (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada)
- Cardinal Kung Foundation (Stamford, CT)
- Center for Economic Forecasting of Mexico (Philadelphia, PA)
- Centre de Karaté Français (French: French Karate Center)
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Club Kafé Fashion (French nightclub)
- Coastal Kayak Fishing
- Covering Kids & Families (national health care program; 2000-2007)
- Czech Kendo Federation
- Canadian Kurdish Friendship Association
- Capla Kesting Fine Art (Brooklyn, NY)
- Central Kimberley Football Association
- China-Korea Friendship Association
- Chinese Kung Fu Academy (of Southern Praying Mantis Federation)
- Chinese Kung Fu Association
- Choate Korea Friendship Association
- Critical Knowledge Function Analysis (knowledge management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At about the same time the book came out, Hirsch founded the Core Knowledge Foundation and assembled curricula based on his theories.
The schools align their standards with the 28 New York State Learning Standards as well as standards developed by the Core Knowledge Foundation.
is a professor emeritus of English and education at the University of Virginia, founder of the Core Knowledge Foundation, and a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution.