Alternatively, the HBsAg and HCV core antigen tests can be utilized to distinguish whether a person is actively infected or is resolving the infection.
What does cAg stand for?
cAg stands for Core Antigen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of cAg
We have 284 other meanings of cAg in our Acronym Attic
- COMSAT Augmented GPS
- Conagra Foods (stock symbol)
- Congo African Gray (bird species)
- Conseil Affaires Générales (French: General Affairs Council)
- Consumer Action Group (consumer rights forum; UK)
- Content Advisory Group
- Continental Aktiengesellschaft (Hannover, Germany)
- Contingency Advisory Group
- Continuous Ambulatory Gamma Globulin (infusion)
- Contrôle Automatique de Gain (French: Automatic Gain Control)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HBV e antigen (HBeAg) was detected in one of these three nurses and was associated with a positive screen for IgM antibodies to HBV core antigen (IgManti-HBc), indicating a recent infection.
Antibodies to the above antigens first appear as IgM antibody to the core antigen (IgM anti-HBc).
Calabrese likes to get a hepatitis B surface antigen (HB-sAg), antibody to hepatitis B surface antigen (anti-HBs), and antibody to hepatitis B core antigen (anti-HBc).
cerevisiae immunotherapy expressing high levels of HCV NS3 and Core antigens," Dr.
Unsatisfactory specificities and sensitivities of six enzyme immunoassays for antibodies to hepatitis B core antigen.
Acute hepatitis B is diagnosed by detection of IgM antibodies to the hepatitis B core antigen (IgM anti-HBc).