Goreau is affiliated with the Global Coral Reef Alliance.
What does CORAL stand for?
CORAL stands for Coral Reef Alliance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CORAL
We have 9 other meanings of CORAL in our Acronym Attic
- Committee on Restrictions Against Disabled People (est. 1979; UK)
- Correlation Radar
- Communications Research and Development Command
- Constructive Rapid Application Development Model (software engineering)
- Central Office of Records Application Database System (US Customs Service)
- Committee on Rights and Justice (University of New Hampshire; Durham, NH)
- Cardiovascular Outcomes in Renal Atherosclerotic Lesions
- Class Oriented Ring Associated Language (computer language)
- Communities Organizing Resources to Advance Learning (Fresno, CA)
- Coordinated Regional Allowance List
- Council of Research and Academic Libraries (San Antonio, TX)
- Commodities Out-Performance Roll Adjusted Liquid Strategy (finance)
- Complete Optical and Radio Absorption Line System
- Communications Oriented Application Analysis
- Combat Ration Advanced Manufacturability Network
- Council of Outdoor Recreation Associations of New Zealand
- Coordinadora de Radios Populares y Educativas del Ecuador (Spanish: Coordinator of Popular and Educatational Radio of Ecuador)
- Council on Radionuclides and Radiopharmaceuticals
- Centre for Operational Research and Applied Statistics (UK)
- Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools (Athens, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Goreau is the president of the Global Coral Reef Alliance, a non-profit international organisation that was founded in 1994 to work exclusively to save coral reefs.
The best reefs were simply dumped on,' Goreau, who heads the US-based Global Coral Reef Alliance, was quoted as saying in a report in our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News.
In November 2002, scientists led by Thomas Goreau, President of the Global Coral Reef Alliance, grabbed the world's attention by declaring that, "this year more coral died of heat stroke than from all human causes to date ever.
Available from the ACA Bookstore * OLS Instructor's Manual 2002 Edition by American Camping Association * OLS Program Manual: Environmental Guide by Catherine Scheder * OLS Field Guide by Catherine Scheder Web Resources * Caribbean Conservation Corporation * International Coral Reef Action Network * American Samoa National Park * Australian Institute of Marine Science * "Coral Reef Adventure" * The Coral Reef Alliance * Earthwatch Institute * Environmental Defense Fund * US Environmental Protection Acency's Coral Reef Information Page * Global Coral Reef Alliance * Reef Relief * Sea and Sky Richard Murphy, Ph.
The new center, which will be operated jointly with local NGO Yayasan Kelola, is being built with funding by the Richard and Rhoda Goldman Foundation, Seacology, Coral Reef Alliance and the Netherlands World Conservation Union (NC-IUCN).
As reef loss worsens, partnerships like the International Coral Reef Initiative, the International Coral Reef Action Network, and the Coral Reef Alliance are working to raise awareness, promote conservation, and assess threats.