Examining 35 years of data from Little Barrier Island off the coast of New Zealand, ecologists found a severe decline in the population of Cook's petrel following elimination of the island's cats.
What does COOP stand for?
COOP stands for Cook's Petrel (bird species)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COOP
We have 36 other meanings of COOP in our Acronym Attic
- Care of the Older Person
- CLIVAR Ocean Observing Panel
- Coastal Ocean Observation Panel
- Coastal Ocean Processes
- Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming
- Consideration of Others Program (US Army Intelligence and Security Command Human Relations Program)
- Contingency Of Operations Plan
- Continuity of Operations
- Continuity of Operations Plan
- Continuity of Operations Procedure
Samples in periodicals archive:
In terms of the duration and diversity of seabird breeding in the local area, Mottled petrel, Cook's petrel (Pterodroma cookii), Common diving petrel (Pelecanoides urinatrix), and Hutton's shearwater//Fluttering shearwater (Puffinus huttoni/P.