While there have been mechanisms to curb the proliferation of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, the international flow of conventional weapons has been poorly regulated.
What does CWMD stand for?
CWMD stands for Conventional Weapon(s) of Mass Destruction
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CWMD
We have 4 other meanings of CWMD in our Acronym Attic
- Camden Waterfront Marketing Bureau (South Jersey Tourism Corporation; Camden, NJ)
- Catchment Water Management Boards (Australia)
- Canadian Waste Management Conference
- Canadian Women Motorcross Club
- Center for Wireless and Mobile Computing (East Carolina University; Greenville, NC)
- Certified Workplace Money Coach (LFE Institute)
- Condensed World Mission Course (est. 1994)
- Conejo Women's Medical Center (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (US DoD)
- Computers Want Me Dead (band)
- Conventional Weapons Management and Disposal
- Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Chronic Wound Management Decision Tree
- Commission on World Mission and Evangelism (World Council of Churches)
- Cumbria Waste Management Environment Trust
- Canadian War Memorials Fund (est. 1916; Canada)
- Capital Works Management Framework (Australia)
- Charlotte Wilson Memorial Fund (Enfield, England, UK)
- Christopher Wallace Memorial Foundation (est. 1997)
- Close Wealth Management Group (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- China has become the fifth largest exporter of major conventional weapons worldwide, a peace research institute announced.
At the same time, the conventional weapons on the formerly all-nuclear bases must be ready to strike first and hard.
Many of them clutched Belgian exports, sometimes under circumstances that seemed almost to mock the spirit behind the limited rules that regulate the transfer of conventional weapons between states.
International arms embargoes are imposed by the UN Security Council to prevent transfers of conventional weapons to designated state and non-state targets.
The American Embassy on Wednesday presented Jordan Customs Department with a donation of equipment valued at $60,000 to deter, detect, and interdict the illicit smuggling of weapons of mass destruction, their related materials, and conventional weapons.