Bush approved the sale of eight conventional submarines as part of Washington's most comprehensive arms package to the island since 1992.
What does SSK stand for?
SSK stands for Conventional Submarine (Conventional Attack Submarine)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSK
We have 56 other meanings of SSK in our Acronym Attic
- Social Science Japan Journal
- Slovenskega Jezika Literature in Kulture (Slovenian: Slovenian Language, Literature, and Culture)
- Shree Saraswathy Jewellery Mart (India)
- Stockton-San Joaquin Mexican American Chamber of Commerce (Stockton, CA; now San Joaquin County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce)
- Society for the Study of Japanese Religions
- South Sydney Juniors Rugby League Club
- Sunshine State Jack Russell Terrier Club (Florida)
- Server Side Java Script
- Suomen Strategisen Johtamisen Seura (Finnish: Finnish Strategic Management Society; est. 1989; Helsinki, Finland)
- South San Jose Youth Soccer League (California)
- Sainik School Kapurthala (Kapurthala, India)
- Sainik School Korukonda (India)
- Seitenschwimmkörper (German: Side Float)
- Self-Service Kiosk (vending machine)
- Semi Skilled (India)
- Shmirat Shabbat Kehilchata (Hebrew book)
- Shoot, Stab, Kill
- Short Shift Kit (vehicles)
- Single Shot Kill (gaming community)
- Single Strand Knot (hair care)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Spending on new frigates, conventional submarines and maritime patrol aircraft ?
The submarine is most likely to give some much-needed muscle to India's depleting underwater combat arm, which has only 14 ageing conventional submarines to brandish.
In contrast, Israel, a country that fits comfortably into Vancouver Island, has a known number of six conventional submarines, all operational and deployed strategically in the surrounding waters, Mediterranean and Red Seas.