It is being organised by the Secretariats of the African-Eurasian Migratory Water bird Agreement (AEWA) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) - two international wildlife treaties administered by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - and other partners.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Convention on Migratory Species (birds)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Contract Management Software (software)
- Contract Management System
- Contract Master Schedule (project management)
- Contractor Maintenance Support
- Contraints Management Symposium
- Control and Management Segment
- Control and Monitor Subsystem
- Control and Monitoring System
- Control Management System
- Control Monitor System (Sprint)
- Conversational Monitor System (IBM)
- Conversational Monitoring System
- Conversion or Modernization Specifications
- Conveyancing Marketing Services Limited (UK)
- Cooper Middle School (Austell, Georgia)
- Cooperative Middle School
- Coordinadora de Movimientos Sociales (Spanish: Coordinator of Social Movements, Ecuador)
- Core Management System (nuclear industry)
- Core Manufacturing System
- Corporate Manual System (Corporate Manual System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ministry of the Env't, Gov't of Japan, supra note 36; see also Convention on Migratory Species, CMS & A WEA and Avian Influenza, http://www.
The BNC is classified as vulnerable (VU C1) on the IUCN Red List 2003, listed in Appendix I of CITES, Appendices I and II of the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS or Bonn Convention) and listed as 'threatened' by Birdlife International.
The meeting is being organised by Environment Agency - Abu Dhabi (EAD), in coordination with the United Nations Environment Programme's Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) and UK's Department of Food and Agriculture.
Part of the international Convention on Migratory Species and Wild Animals (also known as the Bonn Convention), the pact is intended to improve conditions for not only elephants but for the region as a whole.
These animals therefore recently received protection from the Convention on Migratory Species (SN: 10/12/02, p.
These include the Convention on Migratory Species, the Fondation International pour Ban D'Darguione, the People's Trust for Endangered Species and the Natural Environment Research Council.