The ceremony was convened by the World Future Council (WFC), the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), with support from the Okeanos Foundation.
What does COBD stand for?
COBD stands for Convention On Biological Diversity
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COBD
We have 1 other meaning of COBD in our Acronym Attic
- Central Ohio Bicycle Club
- Chemical Officer Basic Course
- City of Bath College (UK)
- Code of Business Conduct (UK)
- Compliance Order by Consent (Alaska)
- Coordination of Benefits Contractor
- Canada Ontario Business Call Centre (Toronto, Ontario, Canada; small business support)
- Capital Outlay Budget Change Proposals (California)
- Church of the Brethren Credit Union (Elgin, IL)
- Central Ohio Bujinkan Dojo (martial arts)
- Council of British Druid Orders (UK)
- Code of Business Ethics
- College of Business and Economics (Boise State University; Idaho)
- Command Operating Budget Estimate
- Committee on Baccalaureate Expansion (University of Wisconsin System)
- Committee on Board Establishment (American Board of Emergency Medicine)
- Coordinator of the Body of Elders
- Cosmic Background Explorer
- City of Boston Employee Campaign (charitable program; Massachusetts)
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Inaugurating the high level segment of the 11th Conference of Parties to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity in Hyderabad on Tuesday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also announced that India had ratified the Nagoya Protocol (access to genetic resources and the fair andequitable sharing of benefits arising from their utilization).
Singh in his remarks at the inauguration of the High Level Segment of the 11th Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity here.
The opening ceremony included a Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) speech by Atsuhiro Yoshinaka, global coordinator of the Japanese Fund for Biodiversity in which he said that the Fund has sought to reach the desired goals of biodiversity in the world, in addition to screening a film entitled "Our Environment, Our Future," through which the Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs reviewed its efforts in nature conservation in the Sultanate.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers approved Wednesday the country's accession to the Nagoya Protocol, a legal instrument to enforce access and benefit-sharing measures under the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
Based on the wide biological diversity in Syria, It joined the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), which was opened for signature at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro on 5 June 1992.
Designation of IDB 2011 on the theme of forests provides Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and everyone interested in forests, the opportunity to raise awareness of the issue and increase practical action.
On May 22, 1992, the text of the Convention on Biological Diversity was adopted by the United Nations at a conference in Nairobi, Kenya.