One in 10 motorists were penalised as 17 per cent of councils expanded controlled parking zones into streets where drivers had been able to park for free.
What does CPZ stand for?
CPZ stands for Controlled Parking Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CPZ
We have 8 other meanings of CPZ in our Acronym Attic
- Choctawhatchee Pea and Yellow Rivers Watershed Management Authority
- Campbelltown Palmyra Youth Soccer Club (Palmyra, PA)
- Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League
- Centrestage Productions Youth Theatre (UK)
- Center for Parent Youth Understanding
- Casey Pierro-Zabotel (hockey player)
- Cell Phone Zombie (gaming)
- Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2 level)
- Compass Airlines
- Criminal Protection Zone
- Check Point Zone Labs (software; trademark of ZoneAlarm)
- Central Pennsylvania Zoological Society
- Air Post Parcel Post (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- All stations (Logging abbreviation)
- Cadit Quaestio (Latin: the question falls)
- Call to Quarters
- Calling Any Station (Morse Code abbreviation)
- Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Before the council implements what is clearly the old rejected Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) by the back door, please can it think about what it is doing, because it clearly does not care about this area of Canton, only its own agendas.
Mr Herron claimed that fines handed out in Sunderland's Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) were invalid.
Herron, from Sunderland, claims that many tickets are invalid (I couldn't agree more) because of inaccuracies and poor observance of Controlled Parking Zones.
The letter says: "The controlled parking zones (CPZ) in Huddersfield and Dewsbury are seriously flawed.
Traffic wardens patrol controlled parking zones from 8 am to 6pm Sunday to Wednesday with late patrols between Thursday and Saturday.
A city council spokesman said it operated a controlled parking zone to ensure that spaces are used by local residents and businesses.