Found guilty in her absence of breaching the Control of Pollution Act 1974 by operating a loudspeaker on Newgate Street, Newcastle, at 10.
What does COPA stand for?
COPA stands for Control of Pollution Act 1974 (United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COPA
We have 82 other meanings of COPA in our Acronym Attic
- Colorado Organic Producers Association
- Comerica Park (the new Tiger Stadium)
- Comité des Organisations Professionnelles Agricoles (French: Committee of Professional Agricultural Organizations; Belgium; EU)
- Committee on Pediatric AIDS (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Committee on Public Accounts (oversight; various organizations)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (also seen as COP)
- Community Partners
- Compañía Panameña de Aviación (airline, Panama)
- Connecticut Office of Protection and Advocacy
- Conservatory of Puppetry Arts
- Council on Philippine Affairs
- Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation
- Crude Oil Purchase Agreement
- College of Pharmacy Alumni Association (University of Nebraska Medical Center)
- Consortium of Practicing and Applied Anthropology Programs (various universities)
- Council of Pakistan American Affairs (Long Beach, CA)
- Council of Pan Asian Americans (Loyola University)
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- Confederation of Pan American Basketball Associations
- Chip Off-Line Pre-Authorized Card
Samples in periodicals archive:
As well as the pounds 200 fixed penalty notice and points on his licence he was also advised on the use of the bugle, which was being used contrary to the Control of Pollution Act 1974.
To bring effect to these policies and principles it has introduced a raft of legislation including the Control of Pollution Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Controlled Waste Regulations 1991/2, Waste Management Licensing Regulation 1994, Pollution, Prevention and Control Regulations 2000, Landfill tax 1996, Landfill Directive 1991, Producer Responsibility Obligation (Packaging Waste) 1997 and the Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulation 1991.