The LT1, part of the Gen 5 family of Small Block engines, combines several advanced technologies direct injection, Active Fuel Management, or cylinder deactivation, and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system.
What does CVVT stand for?
CVVT stands for Continuously Variable Valve Timing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CVVT
We have 2 other meanings of CVVT in our Acronym Attic
- Clustered Virtual Vertical Integration
- Cowichan Valley Virtual Mall
- Club de Vol à Voile de la Motte du Caire (French gliders club)
- Club des Vieilles Voitures et Motos Cosnoises (French automobile and motorcycle club)
- Classified Voice, Video Over Internet Protocol
- Centre de Vol à Voile du Périgord (French gliders association)
- Clinique Vétérinaire Villeray-Papineau (French: Villeray-Papineau Veterinary Clinic; Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Cornwall Vintage Vehicle Society (est. 1965; Cornwall, England, UK)
- Central Victorian Veterans Support Centre (Australia)
- Cercle de la Voile de Vevey la Tour (sailing club, Switzerland)
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (Nissan)
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (Infiniti)
- Circolo Velico Vela Verbano (Swiss sailing club)
- Cercle de la Voile de Vaux sur Seine (French sailing club)
- Celostatni Vzajemna Vymena Zkusenosti (Czech: Nationwide Mutual Exchange of Experience)
- Carrier Air Wing
- Carrier Wing
- Child Victims of War (St. Cleer, England, UK)
- CodeView for Windows (software)
- Collaborative Virtual Workspace
Samples in periodicals archive:
2L features state-of-the-art technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management, or cylinder deactivation, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system, designed to make the most of power, torque and efficiency across a broad range of operating conditions.
3L V-8 engine features include direct injection, cylinder deactivation, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system; Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo convenience -- including an available power-folding feature; approximately two inches greater legroom for second-row passengers, along with easier entry/exit; available eight-inch colour touch screen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity; up to six USB ports and six power outlets -- including a 110-volt three-prong outlet -- to support electronic devices of all kinds (up to 12 charging locations); available rear-seat entertainment system with Blu-ray DVD player; conversation mirror in the overhead console; keyless entry and push-button start.
8-litre, four-cylinder engine that delivers 150bhp, coupled with continuously variable valve timing and lift from Toyota's Valvematic system.
It features advanced technologies including direct fuel injection, continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management systems that together produce an estimated 450 horsepower package.
And engine technologies like direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing will all contribute to what Chevrolet says will be better fuel economy than the current Stingray.
And speaking of the airflow, Pilibosian said, "The exceptional airflow qualities enabled us to exceed the 300-hp target, while careful calibration of the dual continuously variable valve timing system and the exhaust system contribute to the engine's great low-end torque.
This sophisticated 16-valve powerplant employs an aluminium cylinder head that features dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) and continuously variable valve timing (CVVT).