When asked by State counsel, Mr Tom O' Connell BL, what faction of the IRA Gardai believed Murphy belonged to, Supt Flannery replied: "Republican Sinn Fein and its associated organisation, the Continuity Army Council.
What does CAC stand for?
CAC stands for Continuity Army Council (IRA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAC
We have 910 other meanings of CAC in our Acronym Attic
- Construction Advisory Committee (various locations)
- Consulting and Audit Canada
- Consumer Affairs Commission (Jamaica)
- Consumers Association of Canada
- Contact Agility Club
- Contact Approach Control
- Contemporary Arts Center (various locations)
- Conteneur Amiante Ciment (French: Asbestos Cement Container)
- Context-Aware Computing
- Continental Air Command
- Contract Audit Coordinator (DCAA)
- Contract Awards Committee
- Contractor's Approach to CALS
- Contributory Asset Charge (finance)
- Control Analysis Center
- Contrôle Audit Conseil (French: Audit Control Board)
- Coomera Anglican College (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Cooper Aerobics Center
- Cornucopia Art Center (Lanesboro, MN)
- Coronary Artery Calcium
Samples in periodicals archive:
And leaders of the Continuity Army Council have recently visited America to secure funds and weaponry from sympathisers opposed to the IRA ceasefire.
And Scots terrorism expert Professor Paul Wilkinson said the bomb was probably the work of the Continuity Army Council, a group which broke away from the IRA.
It is believed a Republican organisation - possibly IRA splinter group the Continuity Army Council - is behind the planned attack.
Friday night's bombing in Moira 20 miles from Belfast has been blamed on a renegade republican group, the Continuity Army Council.
Security on both sides of the border was stepped up last night as the renegade Continuity Army Council vowed to launch a Christmas bomb blitz in Britain.
There is also concern about the Republican breakaway group the Continuity Army Council.
Last night the break-away Continuity Army Council warned the community would "not tolerate such police and military tactics in a ceasefire situation''.