The Defense Department requires military agencies to use a 10-year-old accounting system called the Contingency Operations Support Tool to develop cost estimates for combat deployments.
What does COST stand for?
COST stands for Contingency Operations Support Tool (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COST
We have 48 other meanings of COST in our Acronym Attic
- Committee on Open Systems Support Services
- City of Shreveport Swim Team (Shreveport, LA)
- Coast Open Source Software Technology (symposium)
- Charlotteans Opposed to Sports Taxes (North Carolina)
- Church of Spiritual Technology
- Citizens Opposed to the SunCoast Tollway, Inc. (Florida)
- College of Saint Thomas (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Comité d'Orientation Scientifique et Technique (French: Scientific and Technical Steering Committee; various organizations)
- Committee on Science and Technology
- Contemporary Operations Studies Team
- Contracting Officer Support Tool
- Cooperation in the Field of Science and Technology Research (Europe)
- Council of Summer Theatres
- Council on State Taxation
- Committee on Space Technology Applications
- Community Organisations of South Tyrone and Areas (UK)
- Contribution Optimizing Sales Territory Alignment (marketing)
- College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago
- Class Of Service Table
- Cost Optimization Software for Transport Aircraft Design Evaluation
Samples in periodicals archive:
DOD uses various processes and the Contingency Operations Support Tool (COST) to estimate costs for these operations and to develop budget requests.
CONOPS Cost-Estimating Process Contingency Operations Support Tool (COST) In the mid 1990s, the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) contracted with the Institute for Defense Analysis (IDA) to develop a comprehensive cost-estimating model for CONOPS.