As a contingency contracting officer who has led contracting teams in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I am often asked, "Why does the contracting process take so long?
What does CCO stand for?
CCO stands for Contingency Contracting Officer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CCO
We have 213 other meanings of CCO in our Acronym Attic
- Comptoir Change Opéra (French currency exchange office; est. 1955)
- Computer Center Operator
- Computing Center Operations
- Conception à Coûts Objectifs (French: Design to Cost Objectives; business methodology)
- Concord Chamber Orchestra (Milwaukee, WI)
- Condemned: Criminal Origins (video game)
- Conservative Central Office (UK)
- Construction Council of Ontario (Union)
- Consultation Coordination Officer (various locations)
- Container Control Officer
- Continuity-Check Outgoing
- Continuous Cardiac Output
- Contract Change Order
- Cópia de Carbono Oculta (Portuguese: Blind Carbon Copy)
- Counterpoint Community Orchestra (Canada)
- Création Concept Optique (French eyeglass designer)
- Criminal Code Offenses (various locations)
- Critical Compliance Objective
- Crystal Controlled Oscillator
- Current Controlled Oscillator
Samples in periodicals archive:
DAU restructured Contingency Contracting (CON 234) into the Joint Contingency Contracting Officer course to update and align the curriculum with the Joint Contingency Contracting Handbook.
It supported Department of Defense (DoD) contingency contracting officers from all the Services and more than 10,000 copies were produced in three printings.
These NCOs will have the potential to become warranted Contingency Contracting Officers (CCOs) who are authorized by law to procure supplies and services and contract minor construction in support of deployed forces, which is vital to mission success.
Scott, clarified who is the Head of Contracting Activity (HCA) authority for Air Force contingency contracting officers (CCOs).
The Rock Island Contracting Center in Illinois provided support on an on-call basis, which allowed contingency contracting officers to concentrate on immediate onsite requirements and leave complex actions for the contracting center stateside.
Today's contingency contracting officers are being challenged more than ever before.
Captain Dennis Clements deployed to Kirkuk Air Base, Iraq for 365 days as a contingency contracting officer.