In recent years, scientists around the world have been developing new mine-detection schemes, ranging from better sensors to bacteria that glow when they contact explosives (SN: 3/28/98, p.
What does CE stand for?
CE stands for Contact Explosive
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CE
We have 138 other meanings of CE in our Acronym Attic
- Connection Element
- Connection Endpoint
- Conseil d'Etat (Luxembourg)
- Conseiller en Emploi (French)
- Conservation of Energy
- Constant Effect
- Construction Engineers (Canadian Forces Base)
- Consultative Examination
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumption Entry (process of declaring the importation of foreign made goods for use in the US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Where the bacteria contact explosives, they will give off light that can be mapped from the air or viewed on the ground.