More employers are offering consumer-directed health plans in efforts to shift greater responsibility to workers for health care costs, lifestyle choices, and treatment decisions, according to a new survey on the plans.
What does CDHP stand for?
CDHP stands for Consumer-Directed Health Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CDHP
We have 6 other meanings of CDHP in our Acronym Attic
- College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba (Canada)
- Custom Dolls, Houses and Miniatures
- Continuous Density Hidden Markov Model
- Community Development and Health Network (Ireland, UK)
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (Canada)
- Christian Drummers Hall of Fame
- Commission Départementale des Hospitalisations Psychiatriques (French: County Commission on Psychiatric Hospitalizations)
- Commission des Hospitalisations Psychiatriques (French: Commission of Psychiatric Hospitalizations)
- Commonwealth Dental Health Program (Australia)
- Consumer Driven Healthcare Product
- Cystic Dystrophy in Heterotopic Pancreas (radiology)
- Chronic Disease Health Promotion and Education (Florida Department of Health)
- Centre for the Development of Healthcare Policy and Practice (UK)
- CD (Compact Disc) Headquarters (music membership club; BMG Music Club)
- Camion Dévidoir Hors Route (French: Off Road Truck Hose; firefighting equipment)
- Center for Development and Human Rights (New Delhi, India)
- Centre for Democracy and Human Rights (Sierra Leone)
- Committee for the Defence of Human Rights
- Central Dakota Human Resource Association (North Dakota)
- Committee for the Defense of Human Rights in Bahrain
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 2005 Mercer Health & Benefits LLC annual national survey of employer-sponsored health plans found that much of the growth in implementing consumer-directed health plans took place among the nation's largest employers.
The bull of health plans' business remains in managed care, and they realize that when they do a consumer-directed strategy that it's not a narrow, new consumer-directed health plan or a high-deductible health plan strategy, but it's about the entire company and how what's traditionally been a B2B [business-to-business] company makes the transition to a B2C [business-to-consumer] company with a two-step sale through the employer to the individual," Knott said.
Card solutions also are anticipated to have a hand in easing the administration of consumer-directed health plans.