Consumer WebWatch (2002), a program run by the publishers of Consumer Reports magazine, encourages all Web sites to display--and consumers to look for--information about their identity (location, ownership, mission), advertiser and sponsor relations, information currency, and privacy practices.
What does CWW stand for?
CWW stands for Consumer Webwatch
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CWW
We have 48 other meanings of CWW in our Acronym Attic
- Christian Wings for the World (missionary aviation school)
- Church Without Walls (various religious organizations)
- City West Water (Australia)
- Clear Wireless Workplace (Sprint PCS)
- Clinics Without Walls
- Columbus Water Works (Columbus, Georgia, USA)
- Communication World Wide
- Company Wide Web (intranet)
- Compressed Work Week
- Computer Wise Wholesalers
- Cooperative Weather Watch
- Copy What Works
- Correctional Worker's Week (Federal Bureau of Prisons)
- Council for the Written Word (Franklin, Tennessee)
- Creative Worship Workshop
- Crossword Weaver (puzzle creator software)
- Cruciform Wing Weapon
- Customer Wide Web (Shell Global Solutions)
- Canadian Water and Wastewater Association
- Caribbean Water and Wastewater Association (Trinidad, West Indies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the online community, for example, a Consumer WebWatch telephone survey of 1,500 U.
Consumer WebWatch has commissioned several studies (such as Fogg, Soohoo, & Danielson et al.
He has served on the board of directors for the Direct Selling Education Foundation, and he is currently serving on the board of directors for the National Consumers League and Consumer Union's Consumer WebWatch Program.
Consumer WebWatch is diligently working to improve the transparency of and disclosure at such sites so consumers can distinguish between objective search results and paid advertisements.