THE PAST FIVE YEARS HAVE SEEN TWO HISTORIC UPDATES TO LONGSTANDING REGULATORY REGIMES, BOTH AIMED AT IMPROVING SAFETY WE ALL WANTTHE FOOD WE EAT AND THE PRODUCTS WE ENCOUNTER TO BE HARMLESS, AND THE FOOD SAFETY MODERNIZATION ACT AND THE CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY IMPROVEMENT ACT AIM TO MAKE THEM SAFER.
What does CPSIA stand for?
CPSIA stands for Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of CPSIA in our Acronym Attic
- Care Purchasing Services, Inc. (Delray Beach, FL)
- cells per square inch
- Center for Public Sector Information (Mount St. Mary’s College)
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector
- College Planning Solutions, Inc. (Bellevue, WA)
- Computer Programs & Systems, Inc. (Mobile, Alabama)
- Configurable PostScript Interpreter
- Corporate Professional Services, Inc. (Baltimore, MD)
- Council on Private Sector Initiatives
- Creative Problem Solving Institute
- Carbamyl Phosphate Synthetase I Deficiency (autosomal recessive metabolic disorder)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Identification
- Canadian Pacific Special Interest Group
- Commercial Processing Services II (New York, NY)
- Communications Protocol Stack Independent Interface
- Colorado Plateau Stable Isotope Laboratory (Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ)
- Canada Public Safety Information Network
- Core Principles for Systemically Important Payment Systems
- Common Public Sector Interest Rate (Australian government charging mechanism)
- Construction Property Services Industry Skills Council (Canberra, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Further, this new technology assists manufacturers and brand owners in satisfying the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), which bans certain phthalates in products used by children.
Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, certificates of conformity are required; no such requirements were mandated under the Canadian amended regulations.
The CPSIA is the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act introduced in 2008 by the American Consumer Product Safety Commission, and one of its effects has been to change the limits of lead allowed in certain products, and the testing required in order to show compliance.
New requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), recently effective, will make children's products safer and increase consumer confidence in the marketplace.